Humphrey paces Georgia past Georgia TechDec 3, 2006 - 9:44 PM ATLANTA (Ticker) -- Tasha Humphrey scored 23 points off the bench to lead No. 8 Georgia to a 79-69 triumph over Georgia Tech.
Humphrey went 7-of-13 from the floor and converted all eight of her free throws to pace four players in double figures.
Megan Darrah had 16 points and 10 rebounds while reserve Marshall Christy scored 16 points for the Lady Bulldogs (7-0), who shot 15-of-28 from the floor in the opening half to build a 39-31 lead entering the break.
Janie Mitchell scored 26 points and hauled in eight rebounds for Georgia Tech (3-3), which enjoyed a 40-32 edge on the glass but shot just 39 percent (27-of-70) overall.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- Georgia Tech women edge Wake Forest 67-65 in ACC Mar 3
- DeShields bounces back, helps Lady Vols rip Georgia 80-60 Feb 28
- Georgia senior Barbee has surgery for season-ending injury Feb 23
- Georgia women knock off No. 22 Florida 74-63 Feb 21
- Mitchell scores 19, leads SEC champ No. 3 Gamecocks to win Feb 18
- No. 19 Miami women hold off Georgia Tech 58-55 Feb 11
- Balance helps Georgia women knock off No. 21 Missouri 65-50 Feb 4