Smith powers DePaul past Missouri StateDec 4, 2006 - 12:01 AM SPRINGFIELD, Missouri (Ticker) -- Caprice Smith scored a career-high 23 points to lead 21st-ranked DePaul to a 78-57 victory over Missouri State.
A 6-1 junior center, Smith also grabbed nine rebounds and made 9-of-10 shots from the foul line in helping the Blue Demons (5-1) connect on 20-of-22 from the stripe.
Missouri State led early, 7-4, but was held scoreless for six minutes and DePaul went on a 25-8 run to open a 29-15 advantage with under four minutes left in the first half.
Allie Quigley hit one of her four 3-pointers to close the half and give the Blue Demons a 37-22 advantage. Quigley finished with 16 points.
Roxanne Stiles scored 16 points to lead four players in double figures for Missouri State (2-4), which shot 38 percent (22-of-58) from the field.
Tahnee Balerio scored 14 points, Taylor Silas added 12 and Tiff Terwelp had 10 and eight rebounds.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- Missouri State women are first No. 3 seed to win MVC tourney Mar 13
- St. John's women upset No. 18 DePaul 75-66 in Big East semis Mar 7