Wiggins helps Stanford top Texas TechDec 4, 2006 - 3:47 AM PALO ALTO, California (Ticker) -- Candice Wiggins helped Stanford get back a winning record.
Wiggins scored 19 points and Brooke Smith added 14 as the No. 15 Cardinal used a big second half to post a 73-49 victory over 23rd-ranked Texas Tech.
Hitting 6-of-18 3-pointers and holding a 30-16 advantage in points in the paint, Stanford (4-3) captured its second straight win after consecutive road losses to ranked squads Georgia and Tennessee.
Wiggins shot 7-of-15 from the field with two 3-pointers for the Cardinals, who led, 36-30, at the half and outscored the Red Raiders, 37-19, after the break.
Jayne Appel added 11 points and seven rebounds for Stanford.
Alesha Robertson and Chesley Dabbs scored nine points each for Texas Tech (5-2), which shot 16 percent (4-of-25) in the second half and 28 percent (15-of-53) from the game.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18