Sherwood sparks Vanderbilt past ClemsonDec 4, 2006 - 3:26 AM NASHVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Liz Sherwood hit the number on her birthday.
Sherwood scored 22 points to lead 14th-ranked Vanderbilt to an 82-63 victory over Clemson.
On the day she turned 22, the 6-4 junior center also grabbed 13 rebounds to keep the Commodores (8-0) undefeated.
With Vanderbilt leading, 13-11, Sherwood scored eight points in a 12-0 run to widen the advantage to 25-11 with 9:04 left in the half.
Carla Thomas scored 19 points and Caroline Williams added a double-double with 12 and 11 rebounds for Vandy, which held a 43-27 halftime lead and never let Clemson get closer than 15 thereafter.
With Sherwood leading the way, the Commodores outscored the Tigers' bench, 35-15, and held a 38-28 margin on points in the paint.
D'Lesha Lloyd scored 16 points and Lele Hardy added 14 and 10 rebounds for Clemson (3-5), which shot 37 percent (24-of-65) from the field.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Apr 27
- No. 16 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 63-46 Mar 4
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- Wake Forest beats Clemson 73-58 in ACC women's tourney Mar 2
- Reed, Vanderbilt women roll to 74-59 victory over Ole Miss Mar 2
- Reed leads Vanderbilt women, upset No. 24 Missouri 56-52 Feb 28
- Vivians scores 21 in No. 16 Mississippi State's 66-61 win Feb 25
- No. 2 Notre Dame grabs share of ACC title with 71-52 win Feb 25
- No. 12 Texas A&M women win 20th, beat Vanderbilt 75-63 Feb 21
- No. 22 Florida women beat Vanderbilt 79-67 Feb 18
- Jennings leads No. 18 Kentucky women past Vanderbilt 71-55 Feb 14
- Correction: T25-Tennessee-Vanderbilt story Feb 12