Parker powers Tennessee past Tennessee-MartinDec 6, 2006 - 2:49 AM KNOXVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Tennessee had little problem bouncing back from its first loss of the season.
Candace Parker scored 17 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lead No. 4 Tennessee to a lopsided 85-29 victory over Tennessee-Martin.
The Vols (7-1) lost at No. 2 North Carolina on Sunday but overwhelmed their intrastate foe, coasting to a 43-13 lead at halftime.
Parker made 6-of-9 shots from the field as Tennessee shot 51 percent (29-of-57).
Alex Parker added 14 points and eight rebounds and Sidney Spencer scored 13 points for Tennessee, which owned a decided 46-24 edge on the backboards.
Phyllisha Mitchell, Andreika Jackson and Nicole Holeman scored six points apiece to lead Tennessee-Martin (4-2), which shot a dismal 20 percent (10-of-49).
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TENN MARTIN 13 16 29
TENNESSEE (5) 43 42 85 FINAL
Dec 5 8:45 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
TENN MARTIN 13
TENNESSEE (5) 43 HALFTIME
Dec 5 7:43 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21