North Carolina runs away from WoffordDec 7, 2006 - 3:20 AM CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Wofford could only slow down North Carolina for so long.
Erlana Larkins scored 18 points as second-ranked North Carolina rolled to a 95-36 victory over Wofford.
The Terriers attempted to slow the pace of the game, using the entire shot clock before attempting a field goal. The strategy worked for a while as Wofford trailed, 25-16, with just over 5 1/2 minutes left in the first half.
Larkins took over at that point, scoring six straight points to spark a 15-0 run that pushed the lead to 40-16 en route to a 42-18 advantage at the break.
The Tar Heels (9-0) opened the second half by scoring the first 13 points for a staggering 55-18 lead with 14:01 to play.
Camille Little scored 16 points and Ivory Latta added 16 and eight assists for Carolina, which forced Wofford into 37 turnovers, including 21 in the opening half.
Mary Jo Yee and Laura Depko scored seven points apiece to lead the Terriers (5-3).
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
WOFFORD 18 18 36
NORTH CAROLINA (2) 42 53 95 FINAL
Dec 6 8:52 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
NORTH CAROLINA (2) 42 HALFTIME
Dec 6 7:53 PM
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- Hatchell to sit 2 games for referee contact, NCAA violation Jan 29
- No. 21 Miami women beat UNC 76-61 for Katie Meier's 200th Jan 17
- Ogunbowale scores 16, No. 3 Notre Dame beats UNC 88-54 Jan 10
- No. 15 Northwestern women defeat North Carolina 85-72 Dec 2
- Gardner-Webb shocks No. 22 North Carolina women 66-65 Nov 13
- Late layup lifts South Carolina over Heels Mar 28
- UNC advances past Buckeyes on buzzer beater Mar 23
- Tar Heels get past Liberty on their home floor Mar 21
- UNC's Hatchell resumes coaching duties May 5