Gray rallies Notre Dame past PurdueDec 7, 2006 - 3:02 AM SOUTH BEND, Indiana (Ticker) -- Breona Gray scored a career-high 22 points as Notre Dame rallied for a 67-58 victory over ninth-ranked Purdue.
Tulyah Gaines also contributed 20 points for the Fighting Irish (6-3), who were able to overcome a 34-26 halftime deficit.
Gray drilled a 3-pointer and layup in a late 9-0 run, which gave the Fighting Irish a 59-52 advantage with 1:17 remaining. She made 9-of-12 shots and also handed out five assists.
In recovering from Sunday's 54-51 loss to Indiana, Notre Dame shot 58 percent (14-of-24) in the second half.
Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton and Katie Gearlds scored 15 points apiece for Purdue (7-2), which shot 58 percent (15-of-26) in the first half but only 24 percent (8-of-33) over the final 20 minutes.
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Top-seed Notre Dame beats 16-seed North Carolina A&T 95-61 Mar 19
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18
- NC A&T-Notre Dame Preview Mar 18