Shooting, defense helps Oklahoma remain unbeatenDec 8, 2006 - 5:30 AM COLUMBIA, South Carolina (Ticker) -- Courtney Paris scored 15 points and hauled in 16 rebounds as No. 3 Oklahoma posted a 78-51 rout of South Carolina.
Chelsi Welch and Leah Rush each scored 13 points for the Sooners, who have started 7-0 for the third time in the last six seasons.
Paris shot 5-of-8 from the field en route to recording her 35th straight double-double.
The Sooners shot 58 percent (30-of-52) - including 67 percent in the second half, when they outscored the Gamecocks, 46-27.
Stacy Booker and Melanie Johnson scored 10 points off the bench for South Carolina (5-4), which shot just 29 percent (22-of-77) from the field and missed 13 of their 16 3-pointers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
OKLAHOMA (3) 32 46 78
SOUTH CAROLINA 24 27 51 FINAL
Dec 7 8:48 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
OKLAHOMA (3) 32
SOUTH CAROLINA 24 HALFTIME
Dec 7 7:48 PM
- SEC women's basketball tourney returning to South Carolina May 16
- South Carolina, Dawn Staley looking to learn from setback Apr 27
- Staley: South Carolina reserve forward White to transfer Mar 31
- Gamecocks reserve G Kaydra Duckett leaving South Carolina Mar 30
- Staley wants South Carolina to remember NCAA Tournament loss Mar 28
- Syracuse women stun South Carolina 80-72 in regional semis Mar 25
- Syracuse-South Carolina Preview Mar 24
- Syracuse's press will be challenge for South Carolina women Mar 24
- Gamecocks' A'ja Wilson poised for run to top of women's game Mar 22
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20