Bales leads Duke past VanderbiltDec 8, 2006 - 6:36 AM DURHAM, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Alison Bales scored 16 points and grabbed nine rebounds as fourth-ranked Duke posted a 69-48 victory over No. 11 Vanderbilt.
Lindsey Harding scored 15 points and Abby Waner and Wanisha Smith added 14 and 13, respectively, for the Blue Devils, who recorded their second straight win over a ranked opponent. Duke (8-0), which routed No. 18 Rutgers 85-45 on Monday, next faces No. 22 Texas on Sunday.
The Blue Devils shot 44 percent (21-of-48) from the field and outrebounded the Commodores, 41-26.
The 6-7 Bales blocked five shots for Duke, which held Vanderbilt to 33 percent shooting (18-of-54).
Carla Thomas scored 14 points and hauled in nine rebounds and Dee Davis added 12 points for the Commodores (8-1).
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Apr 27
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 16 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 63-46 Mar 4
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- Reed, Vanderbilt women roll to 74-59 victory over Ole Miss Mar 2
- Reed leads Vanderbilt women, upset No. 24 Missouri 56-52 Feb 28
- Vivians scores 21 in No. 16 Mississippi State's 66-61 win Feb 25