Smith, Threatt lead DePaul to seventh straight winDec 13, 2006 - 9:00 PM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Caprice Smith and China Threatt kept a couple of streaks going for DePaul.
Smith and Threatt scored 17 points apiece as the No. 18 Blue Demons captured their seventh straight win with a 74-66 victory over intrastate rival Northwestern.
DePaul (7-1), which opened up Big East play with an 87-73 victory over then-No. 21 Rutgers on Thursday, also collected its eighth straight win over the Wildcats (6-4).
The Blue Demons have won their last 20 meetings with intrastate opponents.
Smith shot 7-of-14 from the field - including 3-of-4 on 3-pointers - and pulled down nine rebounds. Threatt added two 3-pointers for DePaul, which hit six shots from the arc in the second half to uphold a 35-28 lead at the break.
Allie Quigley scored 12 points, grabbed six rebounds and handed out five assists for the Blue Demons.
Sara Stutz was one of four players in double figures with 15 points for Northwestern, which shot 41 percent (25-of-61), including 3-of-18 from the arc.
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- St. John's women upset No. 18 DePaul 75-66 in Big East semis Mar 7
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- Coffey, Northwestern women upset Indiana in Big Ten Mar 4
- Coffey helps Northwestern women top Minnesota 84-74 Mar 3