Westerburg helps Arizona State coast past UC IrvineDec 15, 2006 - 5:50 AM IRVINE, California (Ticker) -- Emily Westerburg and Dymond Simon scored 13 points apiece as No. 11 Arizona State coasted to a 75-46 triumph over UC Irvine in a non-conference matchup.
The Sun Devils shot an impressive 61 percent (19-of-31) from the floor through the opening 20 minutes en route to taking a 44-19 bulge into intermission.
Arizona State (9-1), which finished 56 percent (31-of-55), never trailed in the contest.
Aubree Johnson and Danielle Orsillo scored 12 points apiece for the Sun Devils, which held a 38-20 advantage in points in the paint and scored 25 points off 24 turnovers by the Anteaters.
Naomi Halman and Angie Ned both scored 11 points for UC Irvine (2-6), which shot just 29 percent (18-of-61) and missed all seven of its 3-pointers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
ARIZONA ST (11) 44 31 75
UC IRVINE 19 27 46 FINAL
Dec 14 11:49 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
ARIZONA ST (11) 44
UC IRVINE 19 HALFTIME
Dec 14 11:00 PM
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21
- Tennessee-Arizona St. Preview Mar 19
- Arizona State not looking past inconsistent Tennessee Mar 19
- Arizona State opens NCAAs with 74-52 win over NM State Mar 18
- New Mexico St.-Arizona St. Preview Mar 17
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- Fields leads No. 14 UCLA past No. 9 Arizona State Feb 28
- Katie Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State past USC 50-45 Feb 27
- No. 9 Arizona State pulls away for 77-57 win over Washington Feb 21
- Brunner, No. 9 Arizona State cruise past Washingtom Feb 19
- Brunner beats buzzer in OT, No. 9 Arizona St beats Stanford Feb 15
- Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State women past California Feb 13