Turnovers lead to another UNC rout of South Carolina StateDec 17, 2006 - 12:52 AM CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Brittany Baity and South Carolina State proved to be their own worst enemy against North Carolina.
Camille Little scored 18 points and Ivory Latta added 15 as the second-ranked Tar Heels took advantage of the sloppy play by the Lady Bulldogs for a 92-42 victory.
Baity scored 12 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead South Carolina State, but also committed 10 of the team's 34 turnovers. North Carolina (11-0) turned those miscues into 24 points as it improved to 3-0 in the all-time series.
The matchups with the Lady Bulldogs have been quite lopsided, with the Tar Heels holding an average margin of victory of 53.3 points.
Jessica Breland scored 13 points and Rashanda McCants 10 for North Carolina, which shot 48 percent (38-of-80) from the field and held a 54-37 rebounding advantage.
Sophilia Hipps scored 14 points and Rasheeda Jones chipped in 10 for South Carolina State (1-8), which shot 27 percent (17-of-62).
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
S CAROLINA ST 17 25 42
NORTH CAROLINA (2) 40 52 92 FINAL
Dec 16 6:59 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
S CAROLINA ST 17
NORTH CAROLINA (2) 40 HALFTIME
Dec 16 5:54 PM
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- Hatchell to sit 2 games for referee contact, NCAA violation Jan 29
- No. 21 Miami women beat UNC 76-61 for Katie Meier's 200th Jan 17
- Ogunbowale scores 16, No. 3 Notre Dame beats UNC 88-54 Jan 10
- No. 15 Northwestern women defeat North Carolina 85-72 Dec 2
- Gardner-Webb shocks No. 22 North Carolina women 66-65 Nov 13
- Late layup lifts South Carolina over Heels Mar 28
- UNC advances past Buckeyes on buzzer beater Mar 23
- Tar Heels get past Liberty on their home floor Mar 21
- UNC's Hatchell resumes coaching duties May 5