Appel helps Stanford remain undefeated vs. UtahDec 17, 2006 - 1:44 AM PALO ALTO, California (Ticker) -- Jayne Appel continued Utah's frustrations with Stanford.
Appel scored 15 points and Jillian Harmon added 14 as the No. 15 Cardinal posted a 74-47 victory over the Utes.
Shooting 50 percent (27-of-54) from the field and converting 20 turnovers into 30 points, Stanford (5-3) improved to 9-0 all-time against Utah. The Cardinal are the lone Pac-10 Conference school that the Utes have not beaten.
Candice Wiggins scored 13 points and Cissy Pierce 10 for Stanford, which won its third straight game.
Joh-Teena Filipe had 12 points and six rebounds and Morgan Warburton scored 11 for Utah (5-5), which trailed, 39-25, at the half and shot 26 percent (17-of-48) in the second half to seal its fate.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
UTAH 25 22 47
STANFORD (15) 39 35 74 FINAL
Dec 16 6:39 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
STANFORD (15) 39 HALFTIME
Dec 16 5:40 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18