Louisville rolls past Belmont to continue undefeated startDec 17, 2006 - 4:12 AM LOUISVILLE, Kentucky (Ticker) -- Chauntise Wright became the latest hero in Louisville's best start in school history.
Wright scored 21 points and had seven rebounds as the No. 14 Lady Cardinals rolled to an 80-51 victory over Belmont.
The sophomore center shot 7-of-11, grabbed five offensive boards and blocked four shots for Louisville, which improved to 11-0.
Helen Johnson scored 14 points and Angel McCoughtry had 13 and eight rebounds for the Lady Cardinals, who shot 46 percent (19-of-41) in grabbing a 44-26 lead at the half and cruised thereafter.
Shaunda Strayhorn was the lone player in double figures with 12 points for the Bruins (7-2), who made just 6-of-28 3-pointers (21 percent) and committed 23 turnovers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
BELMONT 26 25 51
LOUISVILLE (14) 44 36 80 FINAL
Dec 16 8:49 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
LOUISVILLE (14) 44 HALFTIME
Dec 16 7:51 PM
- Belmont women's coach Newbauer signs five-year extension Apr 21
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- Louisville tops Central Arkansas 87-60, Hines-Allen Mar 18
- Michigan State pulls away to beat Belmont 74-60 Mar 18
- Cent. Arkansas-Louisville Preview Mar 17
- NCAA games in Louisville match 4 teams on late-season rolls Mar 17
- Belmont-Michigan St. Preview Mar 17
- Louisville coach writes to fans' bosses about skipping work Mar 16
- No. 17 Syracuse women beat No. 7 Louisville 80-75 in ACCs Mar 5
- Belmont women rout E. Kentucky 95-63 for OVC title, NCAA Mar 5