Marquette tops Gonzaga, wins ninth straightDec 18, 2006 - 12:24 AM MILWAUKEE (Ticker) -- Krystal Ellis' big first half kept Marquette surging.
Ellis scored 19 of her 29 points in the first half as the Golden Eagles captured their ninth consecutive win with a 75-60 victory over Gonzaga.
The winning streak tied Marquette's school record, set during the 1991-92 season.
Christina Quaye and Svetlana Kovalenko scored 12 points apiece for the Golden Eagles (10-1), who shot 53 percent (17-of-32) in the first half en route to a 49-32 advantage at the half.
Ellis, the team's leading scorer, shot 9-of-14 from the field and collected four steals.
Stephanie Hawk scored 15 points and Michelle Elliott and Rachel Kane 11 each for the Bulldogs (7-7), who shot 33 percent (24-of-72) in losing for the fourth time in their last five games.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
GONZAGA 32 28 60
MARQUETTE (25) 48 26 74 FINAL
Dec 17 4:57 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
MARQUETTE (25) 48 HALFTIME
Dec 17 3:52 PM
- No. 19 DePaul women beat Marquette 98-65 Feb 27
- Jenkins, No. 25 DePaul women beat Marquette 91-86 Dec 29
- No. 21 Arizona State defeats Marquette 90-80 Dec 20
- Hamblin helps No. 7 Oregon St to 65-58 win over Marquette Dec 3
- Lady Vols capture thrilling OT win to advance Mar 28
- Bulldogs bowl over Beavers in Spokane Region Mar 22
- Zags pull upset of sixth-seeded Colonials Mar 20
- Marquette names Kieger women's hoops coach May 2
- Gonzaga names Fortier women's hoops coach Apr 15
- Marquette's Mitchell won't return as women's hoops coach Apr 9
- Dukes dump Bulldogs at Reed Arena Mar 23
- Cyclones blow by Gonzaga in first round Mar 23