Morrow, Mosby carry No. 9 Baylor over UCLADec 18, 2006 - 12:08 AM LOS ANGELES (Ticker) -- UCLA had no answer for Jessica Morrow and Bernice Mosby.
Morrow scored 24 points and Mosby had 20 and nine rebounds to lead ninth-ranked Baylor to an 83-70 victory over the Bruins in a non-conference matchup.
The Bears (11-1) took control of the game in the first half as they shot 50 percent (17-of-34) from the field en route to taking a 42-24 advantage at halftime. UCLA was held to 33 percent shooting in the opening 20 minutes.
Despite being outscored, 46-41, in the second half, Baylor improved to 5-2 in the all-time series and 2-2 at Pauley Pavilion.
Angela Tisdale scored 14 points for the Bears, who shot 46 percent (30-of-64) overall and made 6-of-12 3-pointers.
Noelle Quinn recorded 19 points and eight rebounds and Lindsey Pluimer chipped in 18 and eight for UCLA (6-6), which shot 46 percent (30-of-65) and committed 23 turnovers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
BAYLOR (9) 42 41 83
UCLA 24 46 70 FINAL
Dec 17 5:28 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
BAYLOR (9) 42
UCLA 24 HALFTIME
Dec 17 4:20 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Jordin Canada leads UCLA into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20