Plouffe, Hicks pace Washington to upset winDec 18, 2006 - 2:07 AM SEATTLE (Ticker) -- After taking a shot to the mouth, Andrea Plouffe took a swing back at Florida State.
Plouffe scored 18 points off the bench to lead Washington to an 84-65 upset victory over No. 23 Florida State.
Plouffe, who was forced to leave the game late in the first half after getting hit in the jaw, shot 8-of-14 from the floor and also dished out three assists in just 20 minutes of action.
Cameo Hicks had 18 points, nine rebounds, six assists and four steals while reserve Cheri Craddock chipped in 15 points for the Huskies (7-4), who forced 23 turnovers and limited the Seminoles to just 37 percent (10-of-27) shooting in the second half.
Washington built a 47-38 halftime lead and cruised over the final 20 minutes to improve to 6-0 at home this season.
Shante Williams had 14 points and nine rebounds for Florida State (10-2), which trailed by as many as 24 points in the second half.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
FLORIDA ST (23) 38 27 65
WASHINGTON 47 37 84 FINAL
Dec 17 6:05 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FLORIDA ST (23) 38
WASHINGTON 47 HALFTIME
Dec 17 4:59 PM
- Illinois center Chatrice White transfers to Florida State May 14
- Washington coach Mike Neighbors signs contract extension May 13
- Washington women crack under Syracuse pressure, 80-59 Apr 4
- Syracuse women beat Washington 80-59, reach NCAA title game Apr 4
- Washington-Syracuse Preview Apr 2
- Huskies, Orange try to keep changes under wraps for rematch Apr 2
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25