Latta leads North Carolina in rout of Coastal CarolinaDec 19, 2006 - 2:41 AM CONWAY, South Carolina (Ticker) -- Ivory Latta and second-ranked North Carolina made short work of Coastal Carolina.
Latta scored 21 points and the Tar Heels built a 27-point halftime lead en route to an 87-48 victory over the Chants.
Camille Little scored 11 points and Erlana Larkins and Rashanda McCants added 10 each for North Carolina (12-0), which built a 47-18 lead at the half on the strength of 54 percent (15-of-28) shooting, including 5-of-8 from the arc.
Latta shot 7-of-9 from the floor, knocked down 3-of-4 3-pointers and added four assists and four steals in 26 minutes.
North Carolina limited Coastal Carolina to 33 percent (19-of-57) shooting, forced 23 turnovers and held a 47-31 edge on the boards.
Lacey Lyons scored 19 points and made 5-of-9 from the arc for the Chants (5-4).
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NORTH CAROLINA (2) 45 42 87
COASTL CAROLINA 18 30 48 FINAL
Dec 18 7:41 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
NORTH CAROLINA (2) 45
COASTL CAROLINA 18 HALFTIME
Dec 18 6:46 PM
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- Hatchell to sit 2 games for referee contact, NCAA violation Jan 29
- No. 21 Miami women beat UNC 76-61 for Katie Meier's 200th Jan 17
- Ogunbowale scores 16, No. 3 Notre Dame beats UNC 88-54 Jan 10
- No. 15 Northwestern women defeat North Carolina 85-72 Dec 2
- Gardner-Webb shocks No. 22 North Carolina women 66-65 Nov 13
- Late layup lifts South Carolina over Heels Mar 28
- UNC advances past Buckeyes on buzzer beater Mar 23
- Tar Heels get past Liberty on their home floor Mar 21
- UNC's Hatchell resumes coaching duties May 5