Greene sparks Connecticut past VirginiaDec 19, 2006 - 3:48 AM CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia (Ticker) -- Connecticut put on a shooting clinic to remain undefeated.
Kalana Greene scored a career-high 21 points to lead five players in double figures as sixth-ranked UConn rolled to a 96-60 victory over Virginia.
Playing their third straight road game, the Huskies looked right at home on the Cavaliers' home court.
UConn (7-0) shot a scorching 66 percent (42-of-64) from the field, led by Greene, who hit 10-of-12 shots and grabbed nine rebounds.
Renee Montgomery also had an outstanding game for the Huskies, scoring 17 points to go along with nine assists and three steals.
Freshman center Tina Charles had 12 points and seven rebounds as the Huskies scored 51 points in the second half to pull away from a 45-32 halftime lead.
Lyndra Littles scored 14 points to pace Virginia (8-3), which shot 27 percent (20-of-73) and hit just 3-of-18 from 3-point range.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
CONNECTICUT (6) 45 51 96
VIRGINIA 32 28 60 FINAL
Dec 18 8:53 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
CONNECTICUT (6) 45
VIRGINIA 32 HALFTIME
Dec 18 7:51 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2