Fowles, LSU continue reign at homeDec 20, 2006 - 11:27 PM BATON ROUGE, Louisiana (Ticker) -- Sylvia Fowles needed just one half to make sure that the nation's longest home winning streak remained intact.
Fowles scored 18 of her 20 points in the first half as seventh-ranked Louisiana State rolled to an 83-28 rout of McNeese State, capturing its 38th consecutive game at the Maravich Center.
Fowles, who finished 7-of-7 from the field, scored nine points during a 13-0 run that closed the opening half, supplying the Lady Tigers with a 38-9 lead.
The Cowgirls managed just three baskets on 14 percent (3-of-21) shooting in the opening 20 minutes.
Fowles also grabbed nine rebounds for LSU (12-1), which held a 42-8 advantage in points in the paint and 45-28 edge in rebounding.
Quianna Chaney scored 14 points and Allison Hightower nine for the Lady Tigers, who shot 46 percent (30-of-65) and forced 29 turnovers in posting their seventh straight win.
Courtnee Hollins had 11 points but committed six turnovers for McNeese State (2-9), which absorbed its fifth consecutive loss.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
MCNEESE ST 9 19 28
LSU (7) 38 45 83 FINAL
Dec 20 4:51 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
MCNEESE ST 9
LSU (7) 38 HALFTIME
Dec 20 3:50 PM
- McNeese State promotes Cryer as new women's basketball coach Apr 8
- No. 13 Kentucky women eliminate LSU from SEC tourney 79-71 Mar 3
- LSU beats Alabama 58-49 in opener of SEC women's tourney Mar 2
- Mitchell scores 24 in No. 3 South Carolina's 75-39 victory Feb 28
- LSU hands No. 24 Tennessee women 2nd loss in 3 games 57-56 Feb 21
- No. 12 Texas A&M women pull away in 4th, beat LSU 68-54 Feb 18
- Thompson sparks No. 18 Kentucky women to 70-58 win over LSU Feb 7
- Vivians leads No. 11 Mississippi State to 71-52 win over LSU Feb 4
- Cunningham, No. 22 Missouri women beat LSU 52-46 Jan 28
- No. 20 Florida women rally to defeat LSU 53-45 Jan 17
- No. 13 Texas A&M women pull away from LSU 53-35 Jan 10
- Top-ranked UConn routs LSU 86-40 despite Stewart's absence Dec 21