Parker paces Tennessee past West VirginiaDec 21, 2006 - 2:55 AM KNOXVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Candace Parker scored 19 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead fifth-ranked Tennessee to a 66-51 victory over West Virginia.
Parker made 7-of-13 shots from the floor and went 5-of-6 from the line. The 6-4 star forward also dunked in the first half.
Alexis Hornbuckle scored 18 points and Nicky Anosike grabbed nine rebounds for the Lady Vols (10-1), who have won four straight games.
Despite struggling offensively over the first 20 minutes, Tennessee entered the break with a 32-23 lead before pulling away in the second half.
Ranisha White scored 16 points off the bench to pace West Virginia (7-5), which shot just 35 percent (19-of-54).
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
WEST VIRGINIA 23 28 51
TENNESSEE (5) 32 34 66 FINAL
Dec 20 8:52 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WEST VIRGINIA 23
TENNESSEE (5) 32 HALFTIME
Dec 20 7:51 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21