Humphrey, Georgia pound George Mason for third straight winDec 21, 2006 - 6:46 AM FAIRFAX, Virginia (Ticker) -- Tasha Humphrey scored 22 points to lead No. 11 Georgia to a 76-51 triumph over George Mason.
Humphrey shot 9-of-13 from the floor, including 2-of-2 from the arc, to pace four players in double figures. She also had seven rebounds and four steals.
Angel Robinson and Megan Darrah each scored 11 points while Cori Chambers chipped in 10 for the Lady Bulldogs (10-1), who have won three straight since being upset by Middle Tennessee State on December 7.
Georgia shot 9-of-22 from beyond the arc and entered the break with a 36-22 lead before cruising in the second half.
Lateisha Wade scored 17 points to pace George Mason (4-3), which shot just 28 percent (17-of-60).
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
GEORGIA (11) 36 40 76
GEORGE MASON 22 29 51 FINAL
Dec 20 9:01 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GEORGIA (11) 36
GEORGE MASON 22 HALFTIME
Dec 20 7:52 PM
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- DeShields bounces back, helps Lady Vols rip Georgia 80-60 Feb 28
- Georgia senior Barbee has surgery for season-ending injury Feb 23
- Georgia women knock off No. 22 Florida 74-63 Feb 21
- Mitchell scores 19, leads SEC champ No. 3 Gamecocks to win Feb 18
- Balance helps Georgia women knock off No. 21 Missouri 65-50 Feb 4
- New coach Joni Taylor says Georgia must return to NCAAs Jan 29
- Barbee helps Georgia upset No. 10 Mississippi State 47-43 Jan 21
- Georgia women upend No. 20 Florida 71-61 Jan 14