Livingston, UCLA shock No. 16 CaliforniaDec 21, 2006 - 7:13 AM LOS ANGELES (Ticker) -- Amanda Livingston made sure UCLA came away with state bragging rights.
Livingston had 16 points and 10 rebounds and Chinyere Ibekwe chipped in 13 and 12 as the Bruins posted a 77-68 overtime victory over No. 16 California in the Pac-10 Conference opener for both schools.
California's Devanei Hampton sent the game into overtime when she scored on a layup with 28 seconds remaining, tying the game at 66-66.
In the extra session, the Bruins scored all 11 of their points from the free-throw line while holding their opponents to just 1-of-6 shooting from the floor.
UCLA (7-6, 1-0 Pac-10) shot 48 percent (15-of-31) in the second half en route to holding a 40-32 advantage.
Lindsey Pluimer and Noelle Quinn scored 12 points apiece for UCLA, which has won two straight meetings in the series.
Hampton collected 27 points and eight rebounds for the Bears (8-2, 0-1), who had their four-game winning streak stopped.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL IN 1ST OT 1ST 2ND 1OT TOTAL
--- --- --- -----
CALIFORNIA (16) 34 32 2 68
UCLA 26 40 11 77 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Dec 21 12:08 AM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
CALIFORNIA (16) 34
UCLA 26 HALFTIME
Dec 20 10:46 PM
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Jordin Canada leads UCLA into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- South Florida-UCLA Preview Mar 20
- Guards highlight UCLA-South Florida in NCAA Tournament Mar 20
- Fields leads UCLA past Hawaii in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Hawaii-UCLA Preview Mar 18
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- Billings leads No. 12 UCLA past Arizona 72-51. Mar 4
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- California tops Utah in overtime 66-63 to advance in Pac-12 Mar 3