Coleman, Maryland sizzle in rout of Loyola-MarylandDec 22, 2006 - 5:22 AM BALTIMORE, Maryland (Ticker) -- Marissa Coleman led six players in double figures with 21 points as top-ranked Maryland showed no signs of rust from an 11-day layoff with a 110-55 rout of Loyola-Maryland.
Coleman shot 8-of-12 from the field, making all three of her 3-pointers, and Crystal Langhorne added 18 points as the Terrapins (13-0) extended the nation's longest winning streak to 19 games dating to last season.
Reserve Jade Perry finished with 15 points and Shay Doron had 13 for Maryland, which shot 66 percent (21-of-32) in grabbing a commanding 54-32 lead at intermission. It finished 61 percent (41-of-67) from the field, including 9-of-16 from the arc.
Laura Harper chipped in 11 points and 12 rebounds for the Terrapins, who opened the second half with a 26-5 surge.
Jill Glessner scored 13 points, but committed six of the 22 turnovers for Loyola-Maryland (4-6).
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
MARYLAND (1) 54 56 110
LOYOLA MD 32 23 55 FINAL
Dec 21 8:53 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
MARYLAND (1) 54
LOYOLA MD 32 HALFTIME
Dec 21 7:57 PM
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- Army women headed back to NCAAs after beating Loyola 69-51 Mar 12
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- Senior Moseley gives No. 6 Maryland women lift off bench Feb 27
- Walker-Kimbrough leads No. 6 Maryland past Wisconsin, 83-77 Feb 25