Kamm scored 26 for Marquette in rout of ManhattanDec 22, 2006 - 5:44 AM MILWAUKEE (Ticker) -- Danielle Kamm scored a career-high 26 points and Kelly Lam added a career-best 17 for No. 23 Marquette, which had little trouble in an 89-38 triumph over Manhattan.
Off to the best 11-game start in school history, the Golden Eagles (11-1) won their 10th consecutive contest by setting season highs in points and victory margin (51). They also established season lows in points allowed and opponent field goal percentage (27.3).
Kamm made 10-of-15 shots, including 6-of-10 from the arc. She helped Marquette shoot nearly 56 percent (15-of-27) from the floor in the first half en route to a 46-18 bulge.
Christiana Quaye scored 16 points, including 10-of-13 free throws, for the Golden Eagles, who had a 40-24 rebounding advantage and forced 22 turnovers.
Gabrielle Cottrell scored 10 points and was the only player in double figures for the Jaspers (4-7), who was limited to just 12-of-44 shooting.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
MANHATTAN 15 23 38
MARQUETTE (23) 33 56 89 FINAL
Dec 21 10:17 PM
- No. 19 DePaul women beat Marquette 98-65 Feb 27
- Jenkins, No. 25 DePaul women beat Marquette 91-86 Dec 29
- No. 21 Arizona State defeats Marquette 90-80 Dec 20
- Hamblin helps No. 7 Oregon St to 65-58 win over Marquette Dec 3
- Marquette names Kieger women's hoops coach May 2
- Marquette's Mitchell won't return as women's hoops coach Apr 9
- Notre Dame stays hot with rout of Marquette Feb 17
- Connecticut crushes Marquette Feb 5
- No. 3 Connecticut overpowers Marquette Jan 12
- No. 4 Connecticut crushes Marquette Feb 25
- Manhattan extends Olenowski's contract Jun 23
- Lady Vols advance to Sweet 16 Mar 21