Walker, Cal claim first league win against USCDec 23, 2006 - 4:59 AM LOS ANGELES (Ticker) -- Ashley Walker scored 17 points and grabbed 13 rebounds as California bounced back from a loss in its Pac-10 Conference opener with a 62-53 victory over Southern California.
The Bears (9-2, 1-1 Pac-10) had started the season with eight wins in their first nine games before absorbing a 77-68 loss at UCLA in their league opener on Wednesday.
Walker helped California return to winning ways, converting 11-of-12 free throws. Overall, the team went 22-of-31 (71 percent) from the stripe en route to beating USC for the third straight time.
Devanei Hampton scored 13 points and Rama N'diaye 11 for the Bears, who shot 45 percent (9-of-20) in the second half to enable a 28-26 halftime lead to stand up.
Eshaya Murphy scored 17 points for the Trojans (6-6, 0-2), who shot 30 percent (19-of-64), including 6-of-27 on 3-pointers.
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- Weisner helps No. 8 Oregon State turn back USC 63-53 Mar 5
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- Trojan women beat Washington State 77-73 in Pac 12 tourney Mar 4
- California tops Utah in overtime 66-63 to advance in Pac-12 Mar 3
- No. 7 Oregon State women clinch share of Pac-12 title Feb 28
- Katie Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State past USC 50-45 Feb 27
- No. 7 Oregon State uses strong 3rd quarter to beat USC 76-52 Feb 20
- Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State women past California Feb 13
- Brunner's 3-point play lets No. 8 Arizona State es Feb 7
- Balance lifts No. 25 Stanford women over California 60-55 Feb 6
- McCall, No. 15 Stanford women pull away; beat Cal 53-46 Feb 3