Greene, Connecticut cruise past OaklandDec 23, 2006 - 9:48 PM HARTFORD, Connecticut (Ticker) -- Kalana Greene scored 14 points and hauled in a career-high 13 rebounds as No. 6 Connecticut continued to plow through its early schedule with an 85-53 rout of Oakland.
Reserve Brittany Hunter added 13 points and Renee Montgomery and Mel Thomas each had 10 for the Huskies, who are off to their best start since 2003-04, their last national championship season.
Greene was 7-of-12 from the field and posted her first double-double of her two-year career for Connecticut (9-0), which is destroying its early competition, beating its opponents by an average of 33.6 points.
The Huskies shot 47 percent (37-of-79) from the field for coach Geno Auriemma, who is two wins shy of becoming the 17th women's coach to record 600 in his career.
Nicole Piggott scored 14 points and Jessica Pike added 12 and six rebounds for the Grizzlies (4-8), who have lost their last four games.
- AT HARTFORD CT
NCAA WOMENS BB FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
OAKLAND 26 27 53
CONNECTICUT (6) 43 42 85 FINAL
Dec 23 1:43 PM
- AT HARTFORD CT
NCAA WOMENS BB OAKLAND 26
CONNECTICUT (6) 43 HALFTIME
Dec 23 12:45 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2