Larkins' strong start lifts UNC to rout of Delaware St.Dec 28, 2006 - 9:59 PM CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Erlana Larkins scored 15 points and grabbed 13 rebounds as second-ranked North Carolina remained unbeaten with an 87-40 victory over Delaware State.
Camille Little had 17 points and 13 boards and Ivory Latta scored 16 for the Tar Heels (14-0), who recorded at least 87 points for a sixth straight game.
Larkins, the team's second-leading scorer and top rebounder, had 10 points and 10 boards in the first half as North Carolina built a 44-22 cushion at the break.
Little added five assists and five steals for the Tar Heels, who converted 15 turnovers by the Hornets into 20 points and finished with a 51-32 advantage on the boards.
Raquel Collier scored 10 points on 2-of-14 shooting for Delaware State (4-6), which shot 24 percent (11-of-47) in losing its second straight on the road against a ranked team.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
DELAWARE ST 22 18 40
NORTH CAROLINA (2) 44 43 87 FINAL
Dec 28 3:59 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
DELAWARE ST 22
NORTH CAROLINA (2) 44 HALFTIME
Dec 28 2:56 PM
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- Hatchell to sit 2 games for referee contact, NCAA violation Jan 29
- No. 21 Miami women beat UNC 76-61 for Katie Meier's 200th Jan 17
- Ogunbowale scores 16, No. 3 Notre Dame beats UNC 88-54 Jan 10
- No. 15 Northwestern women defeat North Carolina 85-72 Dec 2
- Gardner-Webb shocks No. 22 North Carolina women 66-65 Nov 13
- Late layup lifts South Carolina over Heels Mar 28
- UNC advances past Buckeyes on buzzer beater Mar 23
- Tar Heels get past Liberty on their home floor Mar 21
- UNC's Hatchell resumes coaching duties May 5