Waner stars as Duke remains unbeatenDec 30, 2006 - 5:49 AM HANOVER, New Hampshire (Ticker) -- Abby Waner scored 18 points and Alison Bales added 12 and nine rebounds as Duke posted a 77-40 rout of Dartmouth in the first round of the Blue Sky Classic.
Lindsey Harding and Emily Waner each scored 12 points and Wanisha Smith had six assists for the Blue Devils (13-0), who are 9-0 all-time against Ivy League opponents. Harding also passed the 1,000-point mark, making her the 20th Blue Devil to achieve the feat.
Abby Waner, who was 7-of-14 from the field, helped Duke take a 48-17 halftime lead. Bales had four blocks for the Blue Devils, who scored 32 points off 23 turnovers.
Duke shot 52 percent (29-of-56) from the field and outscored Dartmouth, 40-12, in the paint. The Blue Devils have won 60 straight games vs. unranked opponents.
Koren Schram scored 18 points - including four 3-pointers - for the Big Green (2-8), which shot just 29 percent (14-of-48) and has lost three straight games.
- BLUE SKY CLASSIC
NCAA WOMENS BB BLUE SKY CLASSIC
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
DUKE (3) 48 29 77
DARTMOUTH 17 23 40 FINAL
Dec 29 9:00 PM
- BLUE SKY CLASSIC
NCAA WOMENS BB DUKE (3) 48
DARTMOUTH 17 HALFTIME
Dec 29 8:03 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1
- No. 22 Duke women beat Boston College 71-51 Jan 17
- North Carolina State beats No. 22 Duke women in Durham 65-62 Jan 15
- Defense dominates as Louisville women whip No. 18 Duke 65-48 Jan 10