Montgomery, Greene lead Connecticut past HartfordDec 30, 2006 - 6:48 AM HARTFORD, Connecticut (Ticker) -- Kalana Greene scored 14 points and grabbed a career-high 16 rebounds to lead No. 5 Connecticut to a 62-36 triumph over Hartford.
Renee Montgomery scored 16 points for the Huskies (10-0), who shot 40 percent (25-of-62) from the floor.
The Hawks (6-6) led for much of the first half, but Uconn went on an 11-0 run over the final 3:26 of the period to take a 26-18 lead into the break. Greene and Montgomery combined for nine points during the spurt.
The Huskies opened the final 20 minutes with a 9-0 run, which was capped by Charde Houston's layup with 17:35 remaining.
Lisa Etienne led the way with 12 points for Hartford, which shot 31 percent (17-of-55) from the field. The Hawks were outrebounded, 53-28.
- AT HARTFORD CT
NCAA WOMENS BB FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
HARTFORD 18 18 36
CONNECTICUT (5) 26 36 62 FINAL
Dec 29 8:46 PM
- AT HARTFORD CT
NCAA WOMENS BB HARTFORD 18
CONNECTICUT (5) 26 HALFTIME
Dec 29 7:47 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2