Ellis, Quaye carry Marquette past NavyDec 30, 2006 - 8:08 AM MILWAUKEE (Ticker) -- Krystal Ellis handled business on the outside, while Christina Quaye did the same in the paint.
Ellis scored 14 points and Quaye contributed nine and 12 rebounds as No. 22 Marquette posted a 67-40 triumph over Navy in a non-conference matchup.
The Golden Eagles (12-1) shot 41 percent (14-of-34) from the floor through the first 20 minutes en route to building an impressive 40-18 bulge at halftime.
Navy (4-8) never was able to challenge thereafter, making just 8-of-27 shots in the second half.
Jasmine McCullough scored 10 points and Erin Monfre had eight and eight assists for Marquette, which scored 25 points off 21 turnovers and held a 28-14 advantage in points in the paint.
Lindi Conner collected nine points and nine assists for Navy, which shot just 29 percent (14-of-48) and surrendered 15 second-chance points.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NAVY 18 22 40
MARQUETTE (22) 40 27 67 FINAL
Dec 29 9:58 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
MARQUETTE (22) 40 HALFTIME
Dec 29 8:55 PM
- No. 19 DePaul women beat Marquette 98-65 Feb 27
- Minato leads Army to 75-38 win over Navy Jan 23
- Jenkins, No. 25 DePaul women beat Marquette 91-86 Dec 29
- No. 21 Arizona State defeats Marquette 90-80 Dec 20
- Hamblin helps No. 7 Oregon St to 65-58 win over Marquette Dec 3
- Marquette names Kieger women's hoops coach May 2
- Marquette's Mitchell won't return as women's hoops coach Apr 9
- Kentucky rallies past Navy in second half Mar 24
- Notre Dame stays hot with rout of Marquette Feb 17
- Connecticut crushes Marquette Feb 5
- No. 3 Connecticut overpowers Marquette Jan 12
- Second-seeded Terps sink Navy in their NCAA Tournament opener Mar 17