Little leads North Carolina's domination over Tennessee TechDec 30, 2006 - 10:29 PM CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Camille Little scored 20 points to lead second-ranked North Carolina to a 93-52 drubbing over Tennessee Tech.
Rashanda McCants netted 16 points and LaToya Pringle added 13 and grabbed 13 rebounds for the Tar Heels, who shot 53 percent (36-of-68) from the floor.
North Carolina dominated from start to finish and opened the game on a 10-0 run. The Tar Heels closed the first half on a 19-7 spurt to go to halftime with a 47-30 advantage.
The onslaught continued in the second half as North Carolina started with a 24-6 spurt, which was capped by Little's jumper with 9:55 remaining to push its lead to 71-36.
Kristina Tyler and Kendall Cavin each scored 13 points for Savannah State (2-10), which shot 35 percent (20-of-57) from the field.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TENNESSEE TECH 30 22 52
NORTH CAROLINA (2) 47 46 93 FINAL
Dec 30 3:50 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
TENNESSEE TECH 30
NORTH CAROLINA (2) 47 HALFTIME
Dec 30 2:49 PM
- Tennessee Tech hires Rosamond as women's basketball coach Mar 31
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Davis steps down as Tennessee Tech women's basketball coach Feb 29
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- Hatchell to sit 2 games for referee contact, NCAA violation Jan 29
- No. 21 Miami women beat UNC 76-61 for Katie Meier's 200th Jan 17
- Ogunbowale scores 16, No. 3 Notre Dame beats UNC 88-54 Jan 10
- No. 15 Northwestern women defeat North Carolina 85-72 Dec 2
- Gardner-Webb shocks No. 22 North Carolina women 66-65 Nov 13
- Late layup lifts South Carolina over Heels Mar 28
- UNC advances past Buckeyes on buzzer beater Mar 23