North Carolina gets scare from Georgia TechJan 3, 2007 - 9:31 AM ATLANTA (Ticker) -- With the nation's top three teams coming from the Atlantic Coast Conference, North Carolina found out life is about to get tougher.
Camille Little scored 18 points as the second-ranked Tar Heels stayed unbeaten with a 69-57 ACC victory over Georgia Tech.
North Carolina (16-0, 1-0 ACC) trailed at halftime (29-27) for the first time this season and was held to a season-low point total, one less than in a 70-57 win over then-No. 4 Tennessee on December 3.
The Tar Heels, who have scored over 90 points nine times this season, finally got their offense cranked up in the second half and outscored the Yellow Jackets, 42-28.
Ivory Latta scored 16 points and LaToya Pringle had 16, 13 rebounds and six blocks for North Carolina, which was outrebounded for the first time this season, 49-43.
Jacqua Williams scored 14 points to lead Georgia Tech (8-5, 0-1), which had 11 steals and forced the Tar Heels into 19 turnovers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NORTH CAROLINA (2) 27 42 69
GEORGIA TECH 29 28 57 FINAL
Jan 2 9:05 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
NORTH CAROLINA (2) 27
GEORGIA TECH 29 HALFTIME
Jan 2 7:55 PM
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- Georgia Tech women edge Wake Forest 67-65 in ACC Mar 3
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- No. 19 Miami women hold off Georgia Tech 58-55 Feb 11
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- Hatchell to sit 2 games for referee contact, NCAA violation Jan 29
- Turner, Allen lead No. 3 Notre Dame past Georgia Tech Jan 28
- No. 21 Miami women beat UNC 76-61 for Katie Meier's 200th Jan 17
- No. 19 Florida State women hold on against Georgia Tech Jan 10
- Ogunbowale scores 16, No. 3 Notre Dame beats UNC 88-54 Jan 10
- Cable leads No. 3 Notre Dame for McGraw's at 799th win Dec 30