Horne, Bowling Green continue to roll through MACJan 4, 2007 - 9:21 AM AKRON, Ohio (Ticker) -- Carin Horne scored 15 points as No. 19 Bowling Green posted a 61-32 victory over Akron in the Mid-American Conference opener for both schools.
Horne, who finished 6-of-13 from the field and grabbed six rebounds, scored 12 first-half points as the Falcons grabbed a 32-15 lead at the break and rolled to their 26th consecutive victory over conference foes.
Ali Mann had 10 points and six rebounds and Megan Thorburn scored eight for Bowling Green (11-1), which claimed its fourth straight victory.
The Falcons put the clamps on defensively, forcing the Zips into 24 turnovers, which were turned into 22 points. Akron failed to manage a point off the 10 giveaways by Bowling Green.
Niki McCoy scored nine points but also committed five turnovers for the Zips (7-6).
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
BOWLING GREEN (19) 32 29 61
AKRON 15 17 32 FINAL
Jan 3 8:47 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
BOWLING GREEN (19) 32
AKRON 15 HALFTIME
Jan 3 7:45 PM
- Bays and Boilermakers bounce Zips Mar 22
- Yellow Jackets sting Bowling Green in first round Mar 19
- Michigan State pulls away from Bowling Green 72-62 Mar 20
- Bowling Green-Michigan St. Preview Mar 19
- Toledo 53, Bowling Green 62 Mar 13
- Bowling Green wins MAC title 62-53 over Toledo Mar 13
- Pontius helps Bowling Green upset Vanderbilt Dec 4
- Lavender leads No. 3 Ohio State over Bowling Green Nov 15
- Notre Dame needs overtime to down Bowling Green Dec 5
- Orsillo fills for January, Arizona St advances Mar 24
- Bowling Green posts historic victory over Vanderbilt Mar 21
- Bowling Greens nips Oklahoma State in NCAA Tourney Mar 19