Tisdale lifts Baylor in conference openerJan 4, 2007 - 9:59 AM WACO, Texas (Ticker) -- Angela Tisdale proved to be a big pickup for Baylor.
Tisdale sank four 3-pointers and scored 21 points to help the No. 9 Lady Bears claim their 11th straight win, a 61-54 decision over Texas Tech in the Big 12 Conference opener for both schools.
With Baylor struggling to shoot greater than 30 percent, Tisdale stepped up, going 4-of-9 from the arc and converting 9-of-12 free throws.
Overall, the Lady Bears (14-1) shot just 29 percent (18-of-63) from the field.
Jessica Morrow scored eight points and Bernice Mosby chipped in seven and nine rebounds for Baylor, which beat Texas Tech (9-6) for the fifth time in the last six meetings.
Chesley Dabbs scored 12 points and Patrice Edwards added 10 and 11 rebounds for the Red Raiders, who committed 23 turnovers that led to 19 points for the Lady Bears.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TEXAS TECH 25 29 54
BAYLOR (9) 30 31 61 FINAL
Jan 3 10:09 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
TEXAS TECH 25
BAYLOR (9) 30 HALFTIME
Jan 3 8:54 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Top-seeded Baylor women roll 89-59 over Idaho to NCAA opener Mar 18
- Idaho-Baylor Preview Mar 17