Paris twins dominant in Oklahoma's conference openerJan 4, 2007 - 10:23 AM NORMAN, Oklahoma (Ticker) -- Kansas State got a double dose of the Paris sisters.
Courtney Paris scored 18 points and grabbed 19 rebounds and Ashley Paris added 12 and 17 as seventh-ranked Oklahoma rolled to a 78-58 victory over Kansas State in the Big 12 Conference opener for both schools.
While Courtney Paris overcame some poor shooting to record her 40th consecutive double-double, Ashley Paris made the most of her 24 minutes off the bench to post her first of the season.
Together, the Paris twins combined for 30 points and 36 rebounds, matching the output on the boards by the Wildcats (12-2), who had a nine-game winning streak snapped.
Behind the sisters, the Sooners (11-1) jumped to a 42-26 lead at the break and cruised thereafter to their 20th straight win over a conference opponent.
Chelsi Welch scored 12 points and Leah Rush had seven rebounds for Oklahoma, which held a 57-36 advantage on the boards and 42-12 edge in points in the paint.
Marlies Gipson scored 14 points and Ashley Sweat 11 for Kansas State, which kept the game from being a major blowout by shooting 50 percent (12-of-24) on 3-pointers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
KANSAS ST 26 32 58
OKLAHOMA (7) 42 36 78 FINAL
Jan 3 9:54 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
KANSAS ST 26
OKLAHOMA (7) 42 HALFTIME
Jan 3 8:46 PM
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- Kansas St.-South Carolina Preview Mar 19
- Top seeded South Carolina led by dominating duo in NCAA play Mar 19
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- Jones leads No. 4 Baylor in 84-57 win over No. 24 Oklahoma Mar 6
- No. 22 West Virginia women top Kansas St. in Big 12 tourney Mar 5