Bowling Green ties MAC winning streak with rout of BuffaloJan 6, 2007 - 10:36 PM BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (Ticker) -- Ali Mann continued Bowling Green's tear through the Mid-American Conference.
Mann scored 24 points and Megan Thorburn added 21 as No. 19 Bowling Green rolled to its 27th straight win over a MAC opponent with a 75-42 victory over Buffalo.
With the impressive winning streak, the Falcons (12-2, 2-0 MAC) tied its own league record for dominance over conference foes, accomplished from 1988-90. Bowling Green, which has not absorbed a defeat in league since February 2005, will have a chance to set a new mark against Kent State on Wednesday.
Leading throughout, Bowling Green shot 48 percent (14-of-29) from the field in the first half to build a 38-15 lead at the half. That advantage was extended to 36 points with 13:57 remaining in the second.
Mann shot 9-of-12 with a pair of 3-pointers and Thorburn finished 4-of-8 from the arc.
Belinda Gibb and Heather Turner scored 11 points apiece for the Bulls (5-9, 0-2), who shot 32 percent (15-of-47) and committed 26 turnovers, leading to 30 points for the Falcons.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
BUFFALO 15 27 42
BOWLING GREEN (19) 38 37 75 FINAL
Jan 6 2:50 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
BOWLING GREEN (19) 38 HALFTIME
Jan 6 1:44 PM
- Ohio State smothers Buffalo to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Buffalo-Ohio St. Preview Mar 17
- Buffalo women advance to first-ever NCAA Tournament Mar 12
- Legette-Jack named Buffalo women's basketball coach Jun 14
- Yellow Jackets sting Bowling Green in first round Mar 19
- Michigan State pulls away from Bowling Green 72-62 Mar 20
- Bowling Green-Michigan St. Preview Mar 19
- Toledo 53, Bowling Green 62 Mar 13
- Bowling Green wins MAC title 62-53 over Toledo Mar 13
- Pontius helps Bowling Green upset Vanderbilt Dec 4
- Lavender leads No. 3 Ohio State over Bowling Green Nov 15
- Notre Dame needs overtime to down Bowling Green Dec 5