Coggins help Kansas State edge No 17 Texas A&MJan 6, 2007 - 11:54 PM MANHATTAN, Kansas (Ticker) -- Claire Coggins made sure Texas A&M started conference play on a sour note.
Coggins scored a season-high 20 points and Marlies Gipson added 11 and 10 rebounds as Kansas State posted a 48-45 victory over 17th-ranked Aggies in a Big 12 Conference battle.
Coggins made 8-of-11 shots, including 3-of-4 from 3-point range en route to collecting her 1,000 career point. She also grabbed six rebounds.
The Wildcats (13-2, 1-1 Big 12) took the lead for in the second half as Ashley Sweet scored eight of her 11 points during an impressive 12-2 surge that supplied a 41-36 bulge with 8:23 remaining.
Kansas State shot 47 percent (9-of-19) from the floor in the second half. It trailed, 26-24, after the first 20 minutes.
Danielle Gant and Takia Starks scored 10 points each for the Aggies (10-3, 0-1), who shot just 31 percent (19-of-60) and committed 24 turnovers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TEXAS A&M (17) 26 19 45
KANSAS ST 24 24 48 FINAL
Jan 6 4:54 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
TEXAS A&M (17) 26
KANSAS ST 24 HALFTIME
Jan 6 3:47 PM
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Kansas St.-South Carolina Preview Mar 19
- Top seeded South Carolina led by dominating duo in NCAA play Mar 19
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- No. 22 West Virginia women top Kansas St. in Big 12 tourney Mar 5