Paris, Oklahoma extend streaks in beating NebraskaJan 7, 2007 - 3:49 AM LINCOLN, Nebraska (Ticker) -- Foul trouble could only slow Courtney Paris for so long.
Paris scored 19 points and grabbed 14 rebounds to lead No. 7 Oklahoma to a 77-69 victory over Nebraska in the Big 12 Conference.
Due to foul trouble, the 6-4 Paris sat out the final 8:51 of the first half and the Sooners (12-1, 2-0 Big 12) went to the break trailing, 33-31.
The second half was another story as Paris scored 14 points to go with 10 boards in registering her 41st consecutive double-double.
Kendra Moore scored 12 of her 18 points after the break for Oklahoma, which won its 21st consecutive conference game despite committing 18 turnovers to nine for Nebraska (13-3, 1-1).
Kelsey Griffin scored 22 points to lead the Cornhuskers, who suffered through an atrocious shooting day, connected on 1-of-17 3-point attempts.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
OKLAHOMA (7) 31 46 77
NEBRASKA 33 36 69 FINAL
Jan 6 5:11 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
OKLAHOMA (7) 31
NEBRASKA 33 HALFTIME
Jan 6 4:03 PM
- New Nebraska women's assistants will be paid $140,000 each Apr 25
- New Nebraska women's coach has fewer perks in contract Apr 19
- Building trust top priority for new Nebraska women's coach Apr 12
- Huskers act quickly to replace Yori, hire SD's Amy Williams Apr 11
- Nebraska's Natalie Romeo: 'Immature' players pushed out Yori Apr 9
- Huskers pay women's coach Connie Yori $1.2 million to leave Apr 7
- Nebraska coach Connie Yori resigns after 14 seasons Apr 5
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18