Westerberg, Arizona State tough at home, beat WashingtonJan 7, 2007 - 10:36 PM TEMPE, Arizona (Ticker) -- Emily Westerberg scored 22 points and reserve Dymond Simon added 16 as No. 14 Arizona State posted an 88-83 Pac-10 Conference victory over Washington.
Aubree Johnson had 15 points and seven rebounds and Danielle Orsillo scored 13 off the bench for the Sun Devils (14-2, 4-1 Pac-10), who won their 19th straight conference home game.
Westerberg shot 6-of-7 from the floor and made 10-of-11 free throws for Arizona State, which has beaten Washington four straight times here.
The Sun Devils shot 54 percent (28-of-52) and went to the free-throw line 48 times compared to 22 for the Huskies.
Stefanie Clark scored 21 points and Cameo Hicks added 18 for Washington (12-5, 5-1), which saw its nine-game winning streak end.
Andrea Plouffe had 16 points and Breanne Watson added 10 for the Huskies, who shot 53 percent (34-of-64) but went 13-of-22 (59 percent) on free throws.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
WASHINGTON 44 39 83
ARIZONA ST (14) 40 48 88 FINAL
Jan 7 4:39 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
ARIZONA ST (14) 40 HALFTIME
Jan 7 3:23 PM
- Washington coach Mike Neighbors signs contract extension May 13
- Washington women crack under Syracuse pressure, 80-59 Apr 4
- Syracuse women beat Washington 80-59, reach NCAA title game Apr 4
- Washington-Syracuse Preview Apr 2
- Huskies, Orange try to keep changes under wraps for rematch Apr 2
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Washington relishing NCAA tourney run to Sweet 16 Mar 23