Owens has big second half to lead West Virginia past DePaulJan 10, 2007 - 7:16 AM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- LaQuita Owens scored a career-high 26 points to lead West Virginia to a 74-63 victory over No. 24 DePaul in a Big East Conference matchup.
Owens was 7-of-15 from the field, hit four 3-pointers and scored 22 of her points in the second half to help the Mountaineers (9-7, 1-3 Big East) overcome a 34-29 halftime deficit.
Olayinka Sanni scored 22 points for West Virginia, which outscored DePaul, 45-29, in the second half.
Jenna Rubino scored 27 points for DePaul (11-5, 1-2), which has lost four of its last five games.
Caprice Smith scored 16 points and Missy Mitidiero added 11 for the Blue Demons, who made only 9-of-35 from the arc.
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- West Virginia tops Princeton in women's NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17