Maryland routs Miami to set up showdown with DukeJan 11, 2007 - 3:59 AM MIAMI (Ticker) -- With a huge conference showdown looming, Maryland definitely stayed focused on the task at hand.
Jade Perry and Ashleigh Newman each scored 19 points and top-ranked Maryland remained unbeaten with a 111-53 romp over Miami in an Atlantic Coast Conference matchup.
The defending national champions, Maryland (18-0, 2-0 ACC) extended its school record win streak to 24 and set up a showdown with No. 3 Duke at Cameron Indoor Stadium on Saturday. The Blue Devils (17-0, 3-0) remained perfect with an 83-51 victory over Georgia Tech on Wednesday.
Perry also had 14 rebounds and a pair of steals and Newman was 6-of-7 from the arc for Maryland, which led, 59-20, at the half and continued to pour it on after the break.
Shay Doron and Marissa Coleman each scored 14 points, Crystal Langhorne had 13 and Kristi Toliver added 12 for the Terrapins, who shot 58 percent (41-of-71) from the field.
Maurita Reid scored 24 points and Albrey Grimsley added 13 for Miami (9-9, 0-3).
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
MARYLAND (1) 59 52 111
MIAMI FL 20 33 53 FINAL
Jan 10 8:56 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
MARYLAND (1) 59
MIAMI FL 20 HALFTIME
Jan 10 7:47 PM
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- No. 12 South Dakota State stuns fifth-seeded Miami 74-71 Mar 19
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- S. Dakota St.-Miami Preview Mar 18
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 2 Notre Dame beats No. 21 Miami 78-67 in ACC semifinals Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- Thomas leads No. 21 Miami women past No. 14 FSU 74-56 Mar 4