Waner, Duke continued unbeaten start vs. Georgia TechJan 11, 2007 - 3:23 AM DURHAM, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Abby Waner and Duke continued to roll toward a much anticipated matchup.
Waner recorded career highs with six 3-pointers and 27 points as the third-ranked Blue Devils continued their unbeaten start to the season with an 83-51 rout of Georgia Tech in an Atlantic Coast Conference contest.
Waner shot 6-of-7 from the arc and Lindsay Harding and Carrem Gay scored 16 points apiece for Duke (17-0, 3-0 ACC), which will next face top-ranked Maryland, which posted a 111-53 rout of Miami on Wednesday.
Shooting 53 percent (16-of-30) from the floor and 6-of-9 on 3-pointers, the Blue Devils built a 43-27 lead at the half. They continued to pour it on following intermission, extending the advantage to 34 points with 8:10 remaining.
Joy Cheek added 10 points off the bench for Duke, which posted its 27th consecutive win over Georgia Tech and 64th straight against a non-ranked opponent.
Chioma Nnamaka had 13 points on 5-of-14 shooting for the Yellow Jackets (10-6, 1-2), who committed 26 turnovers in falling to 0-3 against ranked teams this season.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
GEORGIA TECH 27 24 51
DUKE (3) 43 40 83 FINAL
Jan 10 8:53 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GEORGIA TECH 27
DUKE (3) 43 HALFTIME
Jan 10 7:52 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Georgia Tech women edge Wake Forest 67-65 in ACC Mar 3
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- No. 19 Miami women hold off Georgia Tech 58-55 Feb 11
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1