Bowling Green sets league mark in win over Kent StateJan 11, 2007 - 5:04 AM BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (Ticker) -- A pair of seniors sparked a record-setting night for Bowling Green.
Liz Honegger and Carin Horne scored 17 points apiece to lead the 18th-ranked Falcons to a 74-52 victory over Kent State in the Mid-American Conference.
Bowling Green (13-2, 3-0 MAC) established a conference record with its 28th consecutive league victory, topping its own mark set from February 13, 1988 to January 3, 1990.
Honegger scored all her points in the first half as the Falcons shot 53 percent (17-of-32) to take a commanding 44-24 lead.
Horne and Honegger each hit three 3-pointers to help Bowling Green finish 9-of-20 from the arc.
La'kia Stewart had 11 points and 12 rebounds for Kent State (6-8, 2-1), which committed 20 turnovers that led to 23 points for Bowling Green.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
KENT ST 24 28 52
BOWLING GREEN (18) 44 30 74 FINAL
Jan 10 8:43 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
KENT ST 24
BOWLING GREEN (18) 44 HALFTIME
Jan 10 7:39 PM
- Yellow Jackets sting Bowling Green in first round Mar 19
- Michigan State pulls away from Bowling Green 72-62 Mar 20
- Bowling Green-Michigan St. Preview Mar 19
- Toledo 53, Bowling Green 62 Mar 13
- Bowling Green wins MAC title 62-53 over Toledo Mar 13
- Pontius helps Bowling Green upset Vanderbilt Dec 4
- Lavender leads No. 3 Ohio State over Bowling Green Nov 15
- Notre Dame needs overtime to down Bowling Green Dec 5
- Orsillo fills for January, Arizona St advances Mar 24
- Bowling Green posts historic victory over Vanderbilt Mar 21
- Bowling Greens nips Oklahoma State in NCAA Tourney Mar 19
- Mann, Bowling Green roll to third MAC tourney title Mar 10