Chambers, Georgia pull away from turnover-prone Miss. St.Jan 12, 2007 - 3:18 AM STARKVILLE, Mississippi (Ticker) -- Cori Chambers and Georgia took advantage of everything that Mississippi State gave them.
Chambers scored 28 points as the No. 15 Lady Bulldogs claimed a 74-61 Southeastern Conference victory over the Lady Bulldogs of Mississippi State.
The senior guard Chambers shot 10-of-21 from the field, including 6-of-12 on 3-pointers, for Georgia (14-3, 2-1 SEC), which finished with 31 points on 21 turnovers by Mississippi State.
Angel Robinson scored 10 points and Tasha Humphrey added six and nine rebounds for Georgia, which opened up a 38-35 edge at intermission by shooting 46.7 percent (14-of-30) in the second half.
Georgia finished 8-of-21 (38 percent) on 3-pointers and with a 45-39 rebounding advantage en route to bouncing back from its first league loss of the season at No. 6 Louisiana State on Sunday.
Alexis Rack finished with 14 points and Marneshia Richard 13 for Mississippi State (10-6, 1-1), which had a six-game winning streak snapped.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
GEORGIA (15) 38 36 74
MISSISSIPPI ST 35 26 61 FINAL
Jan 11 8:54 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GEORGIA (15) 38
MISSISSIPPI ST 35 HALFTIME
Jan 11 7:50 PM
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- UConn advances with record rout, beats Miss State 98-38 Mar 26
- Mississippi St.-UConn Preview Mar 26
- Mississippi State set to take on top-seed UConn Mar 26
- No. 5 Mississippi St beats No. 4 Michigan State 74-72 Mar 20
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Michigan St.-Mississippi St. Preview Mar 19
- Michigan State's offense to get a test vs. Mississippi State Mar 19
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- Mississippi State tops Chattanooga 60-50 Mar 18
- Chattanooga-Mississippi St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 3 South Carolina tops Mississippi St for 2nd SEC title Mar 6