Arizona State uses second-half run for another road winJan 12, 2007 - 6:35 AM CORVALLIS, Oregon (Ticker) -- Emily Westerberg scored 15 points and Aubree Johnson added 10 for No. 11 Arizona State in a 59-43 Pac-10 Conference victory over Oregon State.
Westerberg shot 7-of-9 from the field and grabbed six rebounds as the Sun Devils (15-2, 5-1 Pac-10) captured their third straight win and improved to 5-1 on the road this season.
Johnson added 11 rebounds for Arizona State, which held a commanding 40-23 advantage on the boards.
Despite shooting 50 percent (14-of-28) in the first half for a 31-20 advantage at the break, the Sun Devils saw the Beavers rally to close within 40-35 with 11:43 remaining. Arizona State responded with a 14-2 burst to put the game away.
Casey Nash scored 20 points on 9-of-20 shooting for Oregon State (6-8, 1-4), which shot 37.8 percent (17-of-45) and committed 18 turnovers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
ARIZONA ST (11) 31 28 59
OREGON ST 20 23 43 FINAL
Jan 11 11:51 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
ARIZONA ST (11) 31
OREGON ST 20 HALFTIME
Jan 11 10:41 PM
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2
- Open tryouts to the Final Four: Oregon State's dramatic rise Mar 30
- Beavers celebrate first Final Four, but UConn looms Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21