Atunrace, Starks lead Texas A&M past BaylorJan 14, 2007 - 1:17 AM COLLEGE STATION, Texas (Ticker) -- Morenike Atunrase scored 13 points and Takia Starks added 12 and 11 rebounds as No. 19 Texas A&M posted a 60-52 Big 12 Conference victory over No. 9 Baylor.
A'Quonesia Franklin scored 12 points and La Toya Micheaux added 10 and seven rebounds for the Aggies, who snapped a 13-game losing streak to the Lady Bears and beat a ranked opponent for the first time in 27 tries.
Atunrase made just 3-of-11 shots for Texas A&M (12-3, 2-1 Big 12), which shot 32 percent (20-of-62) but scored 24 points off 21 Baylor turnovers.
Franklin made 3-of-5 3-pointers for the Aggies, who have won nine straight home games. Bernice Mosby scored 19 points and hauled in 14 rebounds for Baylor (15-3, 2-2), which has lost two straight following a 12-game winning streak.
Reserve Danielle Wilson had 10 points and five of 10 blocks for the Lady Bears, who lead the nation in that category.
Angela Tisdale had 10 turnovers for Baylor was outrebounded, 48-35, while shooting 35 percent (17-of-49).
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
BAYLOR (9) 27 25 52
TEXAS A&M (19) 27 33 60 FINAL
Jan 13 6:36 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
BAYLOR (9) 27
TEXAS A&M (19) 27 HALFTIME
Jan 13 5:19 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19