Hones helps Stanford win on the road vs. Washington StateJan 14, 2007 - 2:10 AM PULLMAN, Washington (Ticker) -- J.J. Hones scored 17 points and Brooke Smith nearly recorded a triple-double as No. 10 Stanford posted a 63-55 Pac-10 Conference victory over Washington State.
Smith, a Wooden Award candidate, scored 12 points, grabbed nine rebounds and handed out 10 assists for Stanford (14-3, 7-0 Pac-10), which has never lost a game to Washington State, going 43-0 in the series which originated in 1982-83.
Hones was 6-of-7 from the floor and 3-of-3 from the arc for the Cardinal, who played without two-time conference player of the year Candace Wiggins who sat out due to a sprained right ankle.
Jayne Appel scored 10 points for Stanford, which shot 47 percent (26-of-55) from the field and have won 12 straight games.
Marisa Stotler and Amanda DuRocher each scored 17 points for the Cougars (5-13, 1-7), who shot 38 percent en route to losing their seventh straight.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
STANFORD (10) 28 35 63
WASHINGTON ST 20 35 55 FINAL
Jan 13 6:45 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
STANFORD (10) 28
WASHINGTON ST 20 HALFTIME
Jan 13 5:45 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18