George Washington tops UMass, wins seventh straightJan 14, 2007 - 11:32 PM WASHINGTON (Ticker) -- Kenan Cole made sure her coach did not have to sweat out a milestone.
Cole scored a season-high 19 points as No. 14 George Washington used a second-half push to post a 61-48 victory over Massachusetts in an Atlantic 10 Conference matchup.
With the Colonials (14-2, 3-0 A-10) winning for the seventh straight time, coach Joe McKeown recorded his 400th win in his 18th season with George Washington. Overall, McKeown is 468-165 in 21 seasons with the Colonials and New Mexico State.
Holding just a 25-20 lead at the break after shooting 31 percent (9-of-29), Cole scored 14 points in the second half as GW built the lead to 17 points with 7:25 to play.
Jessica Adair scored 13 points and Jazmine Adair added 11 for the Colonials, who shot 52 percent (13-of-25) after intermission.
Kate Mills had 17 points and Tamara Tatham 13 for the Minutewomen (10-8, 0-3), who absorbed a fourth straight loss.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
MASSACHUSETTS 20 28 48
GEO WASHINGTON (14) 25 36 61 FINAL
Jan 14 3:53 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GEO WASHINGTON (14) 25 HALFTIME
Jan 14 2:49 PM
- George Washington hires Rizzotti as women's basketball coach Apr 15
- UMass hires Tory Verdi as women's basketball coach Apr 9
- Tsipis resigns as George Washington women's hoops coach Mar 28
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- George Washington rallies by Duquesne for A10 women's title Mar 6
- Stevens, No. 13 Duke women beat UMass 70-46 Dec 14
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71 Nov 28
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT Nov 27
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78 Nov 26
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53 Nov 24
- No. 15 Stanford women beat 22nd-ranked George Washington Nov 21