Latta, UNC continue unbeaten start with routJan 19, 2007 - 2:46 AM CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Ivory Latta and North Carolina continue to roll through the Atlantic Coast Conference.
Latta scored 14 points and Alex Miller added 15 off the bench as the third-ranked Tar Heels continued their undefeated start with a 78-31 rout of Georgia Tech.
Camille Little had 12 points and Jessica Breland chipped in 10 off the bench for North Carolina (21-0, 5-0 ACC), which has averaged a winning margin of 32.4 points in its five league games.
One of two remaining unbeaten teams in Division I, the Tar Heels limited the Yellow Jackets to 18.6 percent (11-of-59) shooting in holding them to a season low in points.
Leading scorer Stephanie Higgs was held to four points on 1-of-14 shooting for Georgia Tech (11-7, 2-3), which committed 24 turnovers, leading to 22 points for UNC. She entered the contest averaging 16 points.
Reserve Jill Ingram was the lone Yellow Jacket in double figures with 11 points.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
GEORGIA TECH 16 15 31
NORTH CAROLINA (2) 33 45 78 FINAL
Jan 18 8:54 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GEORGIA TECH 16
NORTH CAROLINA (2) 33 HALFTIME
Jan 18 7:52 PM
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- Georgia Tech women edge Wake Forest 67-65 in ACC Mar 3
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- No. 19 Miami women hold off Georgia Tech 58-55 Feb 11
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- Hatchell to sit 2 games for referee contact, NCAA violation Jan 29
- Turner, Allen lead No. 3 Notre Dame past Georgia Tech Jan 28
- No. 21 Miami women beat UNC 76-61 for Katie Meier's 200th Jan 17
- No. 19 Florida State women hold on against Georgia Tech Jan 10
- Ogunbowale scores 16, No. 3 Notre Dame beats UNC 88-54 Jan 10
- Cable leads No. 3 Notre Dame for McGraw's at 799th win Dec 30